The Netflix Originals you MUST watch!


I don't know about you but now the hot weather is making an appearance, it's making me drink more. Me drinking more = more lazy days spent being hungover which means a whole lot of binge watching on Netflix!  I loveeeee finding a good series and having lots of episodes to watch one after another because when I get hooked I legit get obsessed so I thought I would share my favourite five Netflix originals with you. Lets be real, Netflix is killing it at the moment with producing some good shit for me to watch. So, get your popcorn and your munch ready...


*ALL IMAGES BELOW ARE NOT MY OWN*

1. Riverdale


This is based on your typical high school student drama, all very hot obviously, who get wrapped up in a series of murders, fights between upper class and lower class, drug deals gone wrong and lots of love/heartbreak. You'll see a familiar face being Cole Sprouse who plays the outcast (from suite life of Zach and Cody) and is my fave character as I'm lit in love with him which is probably why I've been so obsessed with the show and have blitzed the first two seasons. It also features your typical jock, girl next door, rich girl, mean girl and gay guy who pretty much solves the murders - like the new mystery crew! It sounds cheesy but if you like things like Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries type high school American drama then I'm sure you'd like this. 


2. The Sinner


I was recommended this 8 episode series by someone from work and as soon as I started watching it, shock horror, I was hooked and finished it in a couple of days. The opening scene is Jessica Biel, your normal wife with a new baby at the beach with her hubby then all of a sudden something triggers and she stabs someone to death... The episodes are unravelling as to why she 'randomly' just killed someone and it is so gripping. Each episode tells a bit more of the story and then when you get to the end you are shocked!


3. Stranger Things


This was a massive hit everywhere however I was late in the game when it came to watching it. I started it just before series 2 came out and it's another one I finished in a matter of days as it only has between 8-9 episodes per series. This series is actually something really different but I enjoyed it so much.  So just to recap, it's about a kid going missing on his way home which leads to a monstrous chain of events including a girl with special powers, a creature on the loose and the upside down world. It's based in the late 80s so expect funky shirts and hair flicks but the kids in it are comical especially Dustin. 


4. 13 Reasons Why


This shit got me real deep. Me and my boyfriend were just chilling and saw a load of hype on this one day over social media so we thought we would watch and I just had to finish it ASAP. A girl committed suicide and leaves a bunch of tapes behind. Each tape is a reason as to why she killed herself and they are passed around to the people who contributed to her death without knowing. It's so sad but it's also very relatable with people these days when it comes to bullying and that's something that hits home. If you fancy a tearjerker then I'd recommend this. 


5. Jack Whitehall: Travels with my Father


This is something different to the American dramas above however it's a Netflix original that had me absolutely creasing. For those of you that don't know, Jack Whitehall is a stand up comedian who has appeared in a film or two recently however this is more of a funny travelogue series. He takes his dad travelling to South East Asia as he always wanted to do a gap year. His dad is the complete opposite to the typical backpacker so it's very much a culture shock for him. They take part in a number of activities like Elephant Polo and it's something you just need to watch. 

I've got my eyes on a few more Netflix series to binge through now I've caught up with all my programmes so I'm sure I'll do another updated post in a few months time. If you have any recommendations then feel free to leave them below but for now, thanks for reading!


Chelsea xo

No comments